Pulp Idol 2017 Rules
Please note: Pulp Idol is a voluntary competition run with little or no funding. It is expected that all entrants understand this and enter into the spirit of the competition at all stages
- The closing date for the competition is Midnight Sunday 16th April, 2017.
- The competition is open to all unpublished writers who are working on a novel
- Writers must not have been published by a recognised or registered published. They may be self-published, in hard copy or on the internet (if in doubt, please contact us)
- Previous entrants are welcome to enter again
- Entrants must submit a copy of their first chapter by uploading it onto the form provided on the website, along with a brief synopsis and a brief biog
- Entrants will be allocated a heat to attend
- You may also enter an online heat if are entering from outside the Merseyside area. Details are on the Competitions Page.
- At the heat, each writer will read for three minutes from the beginning of their first chapter. This will be followed by questions from a panel of judges
- The judges will select those writers they wish to put through to the final
- The heats will take place on the weekend Saturday 22nd April, 2017.
- The final will take place on Saturday 20th May, 2017.
- By entering the competition all finalists consent for their first chapter to be printed and published in a book of 'Firsts' by Writing on the Wall, in hard and electronic formats, including but not restricted to Kindle
- Writing on the Wall reserves the right to withdraw any entries from the competition or from the publication at any stage, should the organisers see fit to do so
- Entrants will have a right of appeal to the Trustees of Writing on the Wall on all decisions agreed by the organisers. This does not apply to decisions made by the competition judges in the heats or the final.